Transfer Real Estate

Zoning Certifications - Apply Online

Effective March 21, 2015 any property in Unincorporated Cook County that goes under contract is required to obtain a Zoning Certificate from this department in order to verify its current zoning classification, or any outstanding building permits and outstanding violations or judgments on said property prior to closing.

This zoning certificate is required for unincorporated residential properties only. It is not required for commercial or industrial properties or individual residential condominium units.

Apply for Zoning Certificate Online