Taxi Cab Program
How Leyden Manages the Program
- Qualifying residents can purchase the cab books either in person or via mail. All mail requests require postage paid, self- addressed envelope.
How the Program Works for Residents
- Seniors or Disabled residents pay $10.00 per coupon book (a value of $20.00). There are ten $2.00 coupons in each book.
- Seniors are allowed 1 book per month.
- If the Senior provides a doctor’s note they can receive 2 books per month.
Note: The majority of the seniors get 2 books.
- Coupons are good until the expiration date (March 31).
- Coupons can be used each month or saved up and used for a special need.
- There are no refunds for full books or individual coupons.
- Beginning in April 2014, residents with left over 2013-14 coupons (expiring March 31, 3014) will be able to apply their left over coupons toward the purchase of 2014-15 cab books. Expired coupons will be exchanged dollar for dollar toward the purchase of 2014-15 books until May 31, 2014.
Cost Per Book
- Each coupon is valued at $2.00.
- Senior and Disabled residents pay $1.00 toward the cost of each coupon.
This service is provided to any location in Leyden Township. Scheduled service is also provided to the following hospitals: Gottlieb, Hines, Loyola, Westlake, plus Resurrection Medical Center and Norridge Dialysis Center. You will be picked up at your door and receive service to shopping centers, medical appointments or anywhere else you want to go in Leyden Township. If you need to travel outside the Township, you can transfer to a regular Pace or CTA bus.
Service Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Service is not provided on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Fares (One Way):
- Adults: $2.50
- Seniors: $1.25
To Schedule a Ride: Call 1-888-699-6999
Call between 8am and 4pm one day before you need service. For medical appointments, you may call up to 7 days in advance.