Unincorporated Yard Waste pick up begins April 2nd! (Weather Permitting)

News List

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Peddlers around Leyden Township

Dear Leyden Township Water Customer,

Leyden Township has recently received several complaints of door to door peddlers selling water filtration devices.

Leyden Township DOES NOT endorse any door to door peddlers.

All Leyden Township employees carry Township issued identification cards. Please ask for a Township identification card to determine whether you are dealing with a Township employee or solicitor.

If you feel intimidated or threatened call 911 immediately. Please let us know of any conflict you may have experienced at 847-455-8616 or

Leyden Township purchases and distributes treated water originating from the City of Chicago. We are regulated by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA). Our water quality report can be found at

All plumbing modifications require a permit from the Cook County Department of Building and Zoning and/or Leyden Township for unincorporated properties. For properties in Franklin Park, Northlake or Melrose Park proper, permits are obtained from their respective municipality.

Please contact us if you would like a NO SOLICITATION placard for your home.

Thank you,

Leyden Township Water Department