Construction on the Central Tri-State Tollway (I-294) Project
Please see the following information regarding the advance work started last week in the northern section of the Central Tri-State Tollway (I-294) Project with initial construction scheduled between Balmoral Avenue in Rosemont and Wolf Road in Franklin Park as part of the Illinois Tollway’s $4 billion investment to increase capacity, reduce congestion and improve travel reliability. Learn more about the project by clicking on the below links.
• Press release for the start of mainline work between Wolf Road and Balmoral Avenue.
• Central Tri-State webpage with lots of information
• Central Tri-State Concept Diagram
• Project Timeline showing overall project timeline from planning to design to construction.
• Mainline Construction Timeline showing our anticipated timing for work on I-294 from 95th to Balmoral